Activities on offer include; team building games, cooking, arts and crafts, sports, discussions, confidence/trust games, board games, fundraising, chill out time and trips!
Homework and Learning Support Club
Term time: 3.30 – 5.00 for Primary aged children
7.00-8.30 Senior Club (Y7-Y13)
Keep your eyes peeled for updates … As many of you know Sedbury Space, where we hold the GAFF is going to undergo major refurbishment and we will kick off a new group when this work is done.
Aims of the project
1. To promote the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and personal potential.
2. To engage the community as a whole, in the personal and social development of young people.
3. The promotion of young people in relation to Every Child Matters (ECM); Be healthy, stay safe, enjoy & achieve, make a positive contribution, and achieve economic well-being.
4. To create a learning environment for young people that is fun, challenging and rewarding.
5. To create an awareness of social issues.
6. To create an awareness of opportunity
7. To create awareness of diverse environments for young people by taking them out of their normal environment.
1. Provide a community based youth centre in Sedbury.
2. Provide detached youth work sessions in Sedbury.
3. Provide informal learning for young people through informal educational workshops aimed at the issues affecting the young people. We also invite partner agencies such as the local police and other appropriate bodies, who will assist in the delivery of informal educational opportunities.
4. The delivery of personal development opportunities through engaging young people in educational opportunities outside their normal living environment e.g. residential visits & other field trips.
5. Engage volunteers and parents in the planning and delivery of the service to young people.
6. Engage young people in the planning and delivery of services which leads to their empowerment and education.